We are now looking for someone to join the Process team here at Higgidy as Senior Process Technologist. This role sits within our Food team and will be responsible for measuring and recording data during trials, as well as troubleshooting any issues that arise during trials and EPD.
The Senior Process Technologist will:
- Help organise and conduct Production scale up trials (EPD, NPD, Packaging) from concept including scheduling, raw materials, and equipment availability
- Monitor and assist in validation and verification of products and manufacturing processes
- Document and maintain all data from trials including micro shelf life analysis, nutritional testing, organoleptic testing to support traceability and due diligence.
- Ensure all data is accurately reported, recorded and presented to relevant stakeholders for analysis
- Liaise with development and technical teams to establish all photographic standards for new process or product (QAS, pallet configuration)
- Work closely with technical and operation teams to help resolve issues quickly
- Ensure yield work, baking, freezing trials, transit are conducted prior to launch
- Supporting role in development of new and existing SOPs
- Liaise with customers when on site for new product launches
- Project manage and conduct the effective development and deployment of new processes, products and packaging innovations
You will have:-
- A minimum of two years’ experience in chilled food manufacturing environment
- Educated to the relevant HND or degree level equivalent
- Solid track record in NPD/Process
- Passion for the food industry and problem solving
- Planning and organisational skills to prioritise and manage own workload
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Food safety and HACCP
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- High initiative and high energy
- Able to work flexible hours, e.g. occasional weekends and evenings.
- “Can do” approach to role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office especially excel
- Experience of working within a FMCG environment would be desirable
- Level 3 food safety and HACCP qualification is desirable, however training can be provided
- Knowledge and experience of working with equipment, and proof of COSHH training
- Quality or technical experience within a manufacturing environment
In return, we can offer you a competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.